Friday, July 10, 2009

Autumn's Preliminary Surprise

Autumn had her preliminary dive meet today to see who can go on to championships. There were 15 girls in her age category, which is a lot for a dive meet, and only the top 8 get to go.
Autumn did 4 super dives, Front, Back, Inward Dive and Front Flip.
Everyone did such a great job, and there were so many girls her age, that I wasn't very surprised when they announced Autumn as being a participant; which meant she didn't place.
We were still so proud of her.
I went to go get her and she was still waiting for her ribbon. She excitedly said "I get to go on to championships!" I felt so bad thinking she didn't hear her name already called.
I explained that her name was already called and she did a great job.
Just as I did so, her instructor told me they made a mistake and she got 5th place!!
Did I mention out of 15 Girls? What a Great Surprise!

We are so proud of you Autumn!

Afterward we went to Chick-fil-a to celebrate and got FREE meals for dressing like a cow.
What a great day.

No comments: