Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Cabinets

I am so proud of myself. I just finished remodeling our kitchen cabinets for our cabin and can't wait to put them in. Of course I didnt take a before picture for whatever reason but please believe me when I say these were butt-ugly. They were red with a flat panel in the middle and a ugly handle in the middle of that panel (who puts handles in the middle of a cabinet?). I kicked out the middle panel, sanded, cut the beadboard, glued / nailed in the beadboard, calked, primed, and painted, then put the handle pulls on the end of the cabinet where they belong. All on my own, with the direction of my wonderful hubby, and with power tools! I feel so crafty and they actually turned out great (or at least 1000 times better than they did before).

1 comment:

Robyn said...

April, I saw one of the cabinets in your other post about your cabin and I can't believe those are the same cabinets and that you did them all yourself! They look awesome. You are quite the craftswoman.